Thursday, June 6, 2013

Science Shenanigans.

applepiesfromscratch: Asstrology

applepiesfromscratch:

Asstrology

image

scienceisbeauty: Love this logo (from the MSCD/UCD Society of...



scienceisbeauty:

Love this logo (from the MSCD/UCD Society of Students, Department of Physics at Metropolitan State University).

knowledgethroughscience: I don't know a more nobler thought...



knowledgethroughscience:

I don't know a more nobler thought than this.

fb.com/KnowledgeThroughScience

mucholderthen: SCIENTIFIC ILLUSTRATIONThe New Generation  [a...



mucholderthen:

SCIENTIFIC ILLUSTRATION
The New Generation  [a continuing series]

Motor neuron drawn with icing on a chocolate cookie

Neuron Cookie  by ~bayatfilm

FILE UNDER:   neurocookie  /  neurocuisine  /  science dessert

tashabeth: I am so done with my chem teacher.



tashabeth:

I am so done with my chem teacher.

It's official!

I joined a lab this week and will be starting my official PhD research. I’ll be looking at the effects of dioxin on the hippocampus and the generation of Alzheimer’s disease. So excited!

scienceyoucanlove: The chrysalis of the Metallic Mechanitis...



scienceyoucanlove:

The chrysalis of the Metallic Mechanitis butterfly from Costa Rica.

Image via ScienceAlert.

adventuresinchemistry: Or the premeds from the chemists… Or...



adventuresinchemistry:

Or the premeds from the chemists…

Or scientists from mere mortals.

sagrasa: Fuck yeah enzyme kinetics jokes.



sagrasa:

Fuck yeah enzyme kinetics jokes.

molecularlifesciences: dynamoid: The gamification of...



















molecularlifesciences:

dynamoid:

The gamification of Biochemistry - the amazing Sugar Shake!  A new, free app for iPads.  Learn about glycolysis while playing a fun, roll-a-ball game. Get it here.


Created by Dynamoid Apps, 2013.

I know what I'm doing tonight!

double-o-socks: Just makin quantum dots because chemistry is my...











double-o-socks:

Just makin quantum dots because chemistry is my life right now

cellimagelibrary: Image of the Week - April 29,...



cellimagelibrary:

Image of the Week - April 29, 2013

CIL:42511 http://www.cellimagelibrary.org/images/42511

Description: Fluorescence micrograph of a neuron regenerating in culture. Honorable Mention, 2006 Olympus BioScapes Digital Imaging Competition.®

Authors: Dylan Burnette and 2006 Olympus BioScapes Digital Imaging Competition®

Licensing: Attribution, Non-Commercial, No Derivatives: This image is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution, Non-Commercial, No Derivatives License.

WHEN MY FAMILY ASKS ME WHAT I DO IN LAB

image

whoneedsfeminism: I need feminism because I'm told not to...



whoneedsfeminism:

I need feminism because I'm told not to pursue physics because it's a "man's job". 

A sad truth about our society: Girls aren't usually encouraged to pursue science. I was lucky enough to have amazing teachers as I was going through school that discovered my interest in science and fostered it into what it is today. To all my ladies in science (and ladies everywhere, really): don't let them tell you that you can't do something you love. Do it anyway, do it well, and love it.

nebullama: HAHAHA is that really Phil Plait??



nebullama:

HAHAHA is that really Phil Plait??

Cleverly Playful Personalized Cutting Boards by Elysium...











Cleverly Playful Personalized Cutting Boards by Elysium Woodworks

kqedscience: Scientists Create World's Tiniest Bunny Using New...



kqedscience:

Scientists Create World's Tiniest Bunny Using New 3D Shaping Material

"Scientists in Japan recently used a promising new 3D printing material to create objects so small that they are the size as a single bacteria. The researchers were able print shapes that are measured in mere micrometers, including the world's tiniest rabbit. While the demonstration may be playful, the application certainly isn't – this new technology may someday be used to print cells and micro-electrodes for medical purposes."

Photo









wild-guy: Bioluminescent Phytoplankton in the Maldives









wild-guy:

Bioluminescent Phytoplankton in the Maldives

rickrcw: Care for a Spin?



rickrcw:

Care for a Spin?

No comments:

Post a Comment